The City of Oak Park Heights has five area parks, open to all from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. October 1st through April 30th and 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. May 1st to September 30th. As part of our comprehensive trail system, there are walking paths throughout the city. The paths wind through the neighborhoods and go past the City Hall. Many of the paths connect to our parks. The paths have blacktop or gravel for your walking and biking pleasure.
Click on the links at the left to view specific information about each park.
Please observe the following rules in Oak Park Heights Parks:
- Park and Trail Hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. October 1st through April 30th and 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. May 1st through September 30th. Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Motorized recreational vehicles are prohibited from parks and trails.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Defacing or destroying any public or private property including structures, signs and trees in the park is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in City parks unless a permit has been obtained from the City in conjunction with use of a park shelter.
- Open fires are prohibited except in receptacles provided for that purpose.
- Animals are permitted provided they are under leash at all times. Animal waste must be removed and disposed of promptly.
- Removal of any trees, shrubs, bushes, or other vegetation, including seeds or spores, from any City park or property owned by the City is prohibited.
- Full park rules are contained in City Ordinance 802. Violation of Ordinance 802 is a misdemeanor which carries a penalty of up to 90 days in jail or a fine of $700, or both.